Network Management Team | Securities & Custody Department
The Credit & Counterparty Oversight Officer will be assisting the Senior Securities Officer within the team with the day-to-day tasks relating but not solely restricted to credit facilities and counterparties on-going due diligence requests.
The ideal candidate should have strong organizational and planning skills to effectively work within a team, be able to work under pressure so as to have the ability to deliver within agreed timeframes whilst also possessing excellent communication skills.
Main Responsibilities – Credit Control:
- Daily monitoring of accounts having a credit facility and implementation of credit control checks;
- Analyzing customer account status and escalating to Senior Securities Officer as required;
- Monthly preparation of credit review reports for the Bank’s Credit Review Committee;
- Reviewing and preparing customer’s credit proposal based on the analysis done on the customer’s financial position;
- Responding to Customer’s requests in a timely manner and in line with the credit procedures set out by the Bank.
Main Responsibilities – Counterparty:
- Assist the Senior Securities Officer in the Onboarding process of new Counterparty relationships, including conducting the necessary AML checks;
- Maintain and implement an ongoing Review Schedule of the bank’s Counterparty relationships;
- Respond to day-to-day Due Diligence requests in a timely manner;
- General upkeep of the Counterparty’s Due Diligence records and internal folders;
- Participate in and take minutes of the Monthly Team meeting.
Qualifications / skills:
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience;
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel would be considered an asset;
- Solid knowledge of lending products & services as well as for analyzing financial statements;
- Work experience within the securities environment would be considered an asset;
- Proactive and focused attitude towards work and an ability to plan and consistently meet deadlines;
- Good command of English, written and oral;
- Analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail.