- Supporting the Senior and Lead AML Officers on the day to day operational matters (including administrative support; internal and external follow ups; completing closures and other pending actions)
- Performing the required screening of customers; documenting and corroborating the information obtained by utilizing a variety of independent and internal sources
- Conducting initial analysis of transactions and relationships using internal/external research tools in order to asses and determine if the transactions are in line with the customer’s profile or if there is reasonable suspicion that the transaction involves money laundering
- Performing research taking into account various AML/CFT risk factors and indicators to determine if the transaction/ activity needs to be escalated
- Assessing if additional enquiries are required and escalating as appropriate
- Preparing customer transaction analysis/ profiling summaries on request
- Contributing to team’s effort by meeting KPI’s and SLA’s
- Maintaining good understanding of the Bank’s due diligence policies and procedures, as well as laws and regulations related to AML/CFT
- Assisting in updating and developing internal procedures and processes
- Managing specific projects which may rise from time to time and work on other tasks requested by the Supervisor and/ or Manager
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or MCAST Diploma – Preferably in Banking and Finance, Business Administration or Accountancy
- A practical experience in AML/CFT Compliance, Transaction Monitoring, Banking, Audit or other Regulatory related work and/ or Certificate or diploma in AML/CFT would be considered an asset
- Analytical, well-informed and creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work independently and to the highest level of accuracy and accountability
- Ability to execute due judgment in considering and assessing information
- Ability to work under stress and time pressure
- Ability to work well with others and be a team-player, while still being able to work independently
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written
Extensive training will be provided.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
The data you submit will be processed as per the Candidates Privacy Notice.