Asset Servicing Team | Securities and Custody Department
Sparkasse Bank Malta plc is a licensed Credit Institution which provides Private Banking, Corporate Banking, Investment Services and Custody/Depository services. Our team is formed of young, dynamic professionals who are part of an environment which promotes team spirit and rewards competence.
As a result of our continuous growth, a vacancy has arisen for a Securities Officer within the Asset Servicing Team of our Securities and Custody Department.
The Securities Officer will be responsible for the handling of corporate actions of a wide range of securities which the Bank provides Custody safekeeping services for. The candidate will also be responsible for the upkeep of the Bank’s master database in line with the Bank’s procedures as well as the effective maintenance of the day-to-day asset servicing requirements.
- Reconciliation of corporate action payments;
- Assist in the daily corporate action notification process through data received from various counterparties and necessary record keeping in line with the policy and procedures of the Bank;
- Set up of securities in the Bank’s master database and effecting necessary updates;
- Analyse and interpret Corporate Action events and ensure that instructions are adequately and timely captured with the Bank’s Sub-Custodians;
- Securities reconciliations against Bank counterparties’ records;
- Ongoing initiative to identify processes which ensure more effective modus operandi of the Securities department;
- Identify means of improving the Team’s operational efficiency and workflow;
- Effective communication with counterparties relating to the processing of corporate actions;
- Resolve external and internal queries relating to corporate actions;
- Attend monthly department meetings;
- Keep abreast of all banking rules, regulations and directives issued by the MFSA / ESMA and other related bodies which are relevant to daily duties;
- Take on any necessary training that is required from time to time, including training that is required due to change in internal processes and procedures;
- Any ad hoc tasks which may be required from time to time.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A College or University degree would be considered an asset;
- Relevant proven work experience;
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel;
- Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills excellent attention to detail.
Extensive training will be provided.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
The data you submit will be processed as per the Candidates Privacy Notice.