- Knowledge and understanding of the Banks services, products and risk appetite;
- Knowledge and understanding of Bank Policies, Procedures and processes;
- Knowledge and understanding of various Bank systems and tools;
- Knowledge and understanding of various legal entities or arrangements and therefore able to comprehend corporate structures and identify the beneficial owner;
- Perform background checks and searches;
- Reviewing and understanding of different business activities to analyze if information provided or available is in line and commensurate to such nature of business;
- Carrying out various risk assessments;
- Reviewing, understanding and checking of due diligence documentation provided or available;
- Understanding of risk methodologies applied;
- Conducting gap analysis;
- Compiling, organizing and preparing information and data for reporting or statistical purposes;
- Receiving and preparing information and reports for competent authorities;
- Ensuring that data, information and/or documentation being provided is accurate and submitted in a timely manner;
- Liaising with other team members and ensuring that tasks are completed in a timely manner;
- Adherence to deadlines imposed;
- Review of Anti-Money-Laundering & Counter Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) related alerts generated from the Banks systems;
- Perform research taking into account various AML/CFT risk factors and indicators to determine if the alert requires escalation;
- Undertake prompt closure of alerts not deemed as unusual or suspicious;
- Accurately document rationale for alert closure or escalation as appropriate;
- Determine if additional enquiries are required and follow up until finalized;
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with colleagues;
- Contribute to team’s effort by meeting KPI’s;
- Maintain a good understanding of the Bank’s policies and procedures, as well as laws and regulations related to AML/CFT;
- Manage specific projects which may rise from time to time and work on other tasks as requested.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- University Degree level – Preferably in Criminology, Banking and Finance or relating specifically to AML/CFT Compliance;
- A Certificate or Diploma in/or related to AML/CFT is considered as a strong asset;
- Knowledge of AML/CFT obligations, laws, regulations and directives;
- Knowledge of the FIAU Implementing Procedures;
- Good knowledge and understanding of AML/CFT related regulatory reporting requirements;
- Understanding of banking and investment services, banking products , including comprehension of wealth management, securities, legal entities or arrangements and corporate structures;
- Minimum 2 years practical experience in an AML/CFT Compliance, Transaction Monitoring, Banking, Audit or other Regulatory role;
- ECDL certification;
- Analytical, well-informed and creative approach to problem-solving;
- Ability to work independently and to the highest level of accuracy and accountability;
- Ability to execute due judgment in considering and assessing information;
- Ability to work well with others and be a team-player;
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written is a must.
Extensive training will be provided.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
The data you submit will be processed as per the Candidates Privacy Notice.