Corporate Social Responsibility
Din l-Art Helwa – 50 years of achievements and looking to the Future
Din l-Art Helwa, is the most important Maltese non-governmental, non-profit, voluntary organisation founded in 1965 by Judge Maurice Caruana Curran to safeguard the historic, artistic and natural heritage of Malta.
Since its foundation, Din l-Art Helwa has restored and managed numerous cultural sites of immense historic and environmental importance. Din l-Art Helwa lobbies for the protection of our built and natural environment.
Various monuments have been entrusted to its care, among them we may list the following:
- Wigncourt Tower, in St. Paul’s Bay, Malta’s oldest coastal tower
- St. Agatha’s Tower, in Mellieha, known as The Red Tower
- Wied iz-Zurrieq Tower, In Zurrieq which is presently being restored
- Santa Marija Tower, in Comino
- Dwejra Tower in Gozo
- Our Lady of Victory Church, Valletta’s oldest church and first building
- Bir Miftuh Chapel – Medieval chapel with frescoes opposite the Airport
- The Mattia Preti paintings at Sarria Church, Floriana
- The Msida Bastion Historic Garden of Rest, Floriana holder of Silver Medal Europa Nostra
- A collaboration with Natura 2000 for the safeguarding of our natural environment
Din l-Art Helwa depends on volunteer work and on donations to be able to restore, maintain and manage Malta’s immense historic and cultural patrimony and its endangered countryside.
For more information on Din l-Art Helwa please click here.
Fondazzjoni Patrimonju Malti (Maltese Heritage Foundation) was set up in 1992 and is a non-profit-making organisation with the aim of spreading awareness of the islands’ extensive heritage locally and internationally, through museums, exhibitions and publications.
In 2007, as a result of an agreement between Patrimonju and The Captain O F Gollcher OBE Art and Archaeological Foundation, FPM opened Palazzo Falson, a historical building parts of which date back to the thirteenth century, in the old capital of Mdina, having transformed it into a state-of-the-art historic house museum.
Patrimonju also publishes Treasures of Malta, a magazine of art and culture that is issued three times a year.
Sparkasse Bank plc are proud supporters of Fondazzjoni Patrimonju Malti. For further details on the Foundation please click here.